Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Finally.

After 3 weeks of walking or wogging, I finally did week one, day one of C25k! And I lived to talk about it! I took my little buddy J with me and he has been such a great motivator, whether he realizes it or not. He's always there with me, encouraging me in so many ways. I did all of the runs except runs 3 and 8 (the very last run). The third run was on a huge hill. I tried, but I didn't make it through. By the last run, my calves were screaming and I my shins felt like they were going to break. I ordered compression sleeves that should be here tomorrow so I hopefully that pain will ease up! I have such strong, muscular calves and I didn't ever think they'd be the part that hurt the most. My right hip hurt during the first couple of runs, but it was nothing unbearable and I pushed through.

During run 4 or 5, I felt like I finally hit my groove. "Perfect" by P!nk came on the Pandora station I was listening to and I just started ugly crying right there in the middle of my run. The words of the song and thinking about how far I've come in the last 4-5 months hit me and the tears just started flowing. I felt so empowered, yet vulnerable. It was such a cathartic experience and a feeling that I'd like to experience more often! If running brings out these emotions, I'm officially an addict. Pushing my body feels so good and it's so satisfying to go home in a sweat drenched headband and shirt.

I quit smoking almost a month ago and can tell such a difference in my breathing and abilities. I've also been sober for 36 days today! I never in my life thought I could go 36 days without an alcoholic drink. And while I still don't believe I was an alcoholic necessarily, I'm so glad I've stopped the binge drinking. I feel so much better. I'm happier. I'm less stressed (imagine that, even after going back to work!), my marriage has improved, and I just feel like I'm on such a positive path. God has been so, so good to me. Even when I hid from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment