Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Healthier Heather

I started back on my weight loss journey last week. I've been tracking my food and exercise in myfitnesspal and trying to stay under my calorie goal. I've done well so far. One day was off, but that's normal. I have to give myself wiggle room. Today, I worked out for the first time. I did a YouTube Dancing with Jessica video, which I liked a lot, and then a beginner low impact cardio video that I'm ashamed to say I didn't make it through. I had to turn it off at the halfway point. My legs were like jello and the kids were running around acting crazy, so I turned it off. My eating was completely on point today but I felt guilty for not finishing the workout this morning, so I went out for a power walk after  Adam got home. I barely made it to the end of the street before my calves were screaming and I was ready to be done. I turned around and came home. I so hope I can make progress with this. I'm looking for a 30 day challenge to complete during July and haven't decided which to go with yet.

I feel so much better by taking control of my health. I've got to make myself a priority if I want to overcome these issues and I will overcome them! I want to be the best I can be and being a depressed, miserable mess isn't the best I can be. I can feel myself slipping into a depression and I want to fight it with everything I have. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment