Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Lawton...

Dear Lawton,

As you lie next to me in bed, I can see your chest rise and fall. I can hear your faint sighs and mumbles. I can smell your sweet breath. You are wonderful. Perfection. Edible deliciousness. I love you so much and treasure each day I have with you. You are almost 11 months old and will be walking and talking soon. Our nursing relationship will come to an end relatively soon. I never thought I'd say this, but I totally wouldn't mind nursing you extensively. You make the sweetest sounds as you eat and prefer milk over food any day of the week. You are so attached to me and I love that you are. I love when you wake up in the morning, I love our afternoons, I love evenings and bath times and bedtimes and even middle of the night wake ups (sometimes). That middle of the night time is just ours. I can focus on you with no other distractions. You can nurse and look in my eyes and make your sweet sounds in the comfort of the night. I wish that I could bottle up those sounds and your smell and keep them forever. You will be one year old in a little more than a month and I guess you won't exactly be my baby anymore, but you will truly always be my baby. I love you more than the sun and the stars, sweet boy.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment