Saturday, September 15, 2012

#20byThanksgiving

I started reading Mama Laughlin's blog several months ago when someone repinned it on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with her.  She was like my long-lost skinny BFF.  She lost a lot of weight after her second son was born last November, which happens to be when Superbaby was born.  However, she works full-time, doesn't have a husband with a crazy schedule, and wasn't breastfeeding.  I told myself that all of those differences were definitely stopping me from losing weight. I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't lose weight with breastfeeding.  Anyway, last month, Superdad's crazy schedule stopped being so crazy and I started feeling a whole lot less like a married single mom.  I've had a lot more time to myself [hence the TWO recent blog posts!] and decided 2 weeks ago that it was time to change my weight for good.  Two Mama Laughlin super fans created a Facebook group for readers of the blog that were trying to lose weight and I joined right as it was created in July.  However, I never really interacted with it until a few weeks ago.  Right before Labor Day, I started all out stalking the group and it. is. AMAZEBALLS. I love that group so much.  The women are so encouraging and everyone has everyone's back.  There are people there trying to lose 10 pounds and there are people on a 150-pound weight loss journey. For the first time in my life, I feel like I CAN do this.  I don't have to be a slave to food or the scale or whatever else.  I've been logging everything I eat into myfitnesspal and working out [almost] daily.  I've lost 8 pounds since I started!  I broke into a new decade of numbers on the scale yesterday!  I know that I have such a long road ahead of me, but I will lose 100 pounds.  I deserve to feel beautiful.  Superboy & Superbaby deserve a mom that isn't fat.  Superdad deserves a hot wife.  I have SO got this. And I'm not giving up.

I joined a challenge to lose 20 pounds by Thanksgiving.  That's why my instagram and twitter posts have the #20bythanksgiving hashtag on them when I post anything fitness related -- we are all encouraging each other to lose 20 pounds and we will all make it there!  Join me on my challenge!  You won't regret it!

Until next time...

xoxo,
Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment