Sunday, July 8, 2012

Farmer's Market Meal

We've officially been real foodies for almost 3 weeks now. I've been experimenting and trying new recipes with real food lately. I made an amazing sandwich tonight on a croissant that was great! I sautéed zucchini, squash, onions, eggplant, and mushrooms with a tiny bit of salt and pepper, whipped up a simple mixture of softened cream cheese and red pepper jelly to spread on the croissants, and put the veggies on the croissant, making a farmers market sandwich. It was fantastic! I cant take all the credit for this one, though. This is actually my most favorite sandwich in the world from our favorite restaurant, SummaJoe's Searing Pans. I'm going to try to find a real food recipe that makes bigger croissants and then I'll be 100% satisfied with this sandwich. The croissants were tiny. I served roasted okra and cantaloupe on the side. This was a wonderful, light, summer meal! Definitely going on the rotation, big croissants or not. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment