Thursday, May 17, 2012

Too Attachment Parenting?!

J graduated preschool tonight.  Ohhh, there were so many tears shed.  I can't believe my big boy will be in kindergarten in a few months!  He is such a precious, wonderful child.  Why do they have to grow up so quickly?

L was with us at the graduation ceremony tonight, of course.  Someone made the comment that he's "spoiled" because he wants to be held a lot of the time and has a bit of stranger/anyone-other-than-me anxiety.  Excuse me?  L is spoiled because he loves me and wants to be cuddled up next to me?  Wow.  I didn't realize that loving my baby was a negative thing these days.  I love that L knows that he can trust me.  He's never, ever, ever "cried it out" or anything of the sort.  This has allowed for a strong, loving relationship to form between us. L knows that he can count on me if no one else in this world and I love that.  I would also like to add that he will be six months old in just a few days and he has been entirely nourished by my breastmilk.  That is pretty amazing, in my opinion. I never thought we would make it to six months.  Now I'm excited to try for a year of breastfeeding.  Breastfeeding, to me, is like an extension of the umbilical cord outside of the body.  He received his nourishment from the umbilical cord in my womb and now receives it from my milk.  That is incredibly beautiful.  I love his sweet, satisfied sighs as he eats.  When he finishes eating, he pulls off and looks up at me with those beautiful, deep brown eyes and smiles with his whole body.  It's so beautiful and wonderful.  I know his needs. I know his cries.  I know his heart.  I know everything about him and exactly how to take care of him like no one else could ever know.  If that's "spoiling" him, then so be it.  He will be a spoiled, satisfied little boy.

Love,
Supermom

No comments:

Post a Comment